Malatra Events will organise an epic virtual run from Johor Bahru to Kangar, Perlis for the duration of 13 weeks starting 1st June and end on 31st August 2020, Malaysian National Day.
Runners will run as an individual but also representing your state! To do this, choose your state as your team when registering.
*Note: All 3 WP (Labuan, KL & Putrajaya) will be considered as one state.
BiiB will set up a visual map to show your daily mileage progress from Johor Bahru to Kangar for the 813km category and from Kuala Lumpur to Kangar for the 485km category.
Runners have 13 weeks to finish this epic virtual race, you need to log about 9km / 5km per day to complete this challenge.
*Runners may opt to downgrade during the event period, from 813km category to 485km by request to the organizer with a fee, four weeks before the event ends.
Details of challenge
Registration: 15/5/2020 – 17/7/2020 (23:59)
Challenge period: 1/6/2020 (00:00) – 31/8/2020 (23:59); 13 weeks and 1 day.
Venue: In your home and outside
*Please obey the Movement Control Order announcement
All runs must be synced/submitted within 24 hours of the challenge period before it ends
- Follow the Movement Control Order (MCO) if you are in Malaysia
- Runners are responsible to make sure the distance ran is tracked and synced (INDOOR TRACKING MODE IS RECOMMENDED FOR INDOOR USAGE), and must ensure that the results submitted are genuine and well tracked with the following mandatory information:
- Running Route (outdoor only)
- System will not taking overlapping activity into consideration
- You're not allowed to make changes to any synced/submitted activity to allow result verification system to perform the result validity screening process. If the result wasn't tracked properly or showing unrealistic result, kindly delete the activity within 24 hours too.
- Participant(s) will automatically get disqualifed (DQ) if one of the following is identified / occurs:
- Unrealistic / faulty results (evidence & data will be collected)
- Strava Tag Along / Using results that belong to another runner (evidence & data will be collected)
- Failure to respond to the result enforcement officer within 24 hours to provide supporting information to justify the result such as split timing, official race result or Strava privacy settings and etc.
Recommended FREE Android/iOS App With Indoor Run Tracking
- MAPMYRUN ✓Auto-sync to BiiB
- STRAVA ✓Auto-sync to BiiB
- Able to link to Garmin, Suunto, Coros and most of the GPS running watches
- All recent GPS running watches have Indoor Running Mode
- NIKE RUN CLUB ✓Manual Submission Required
- PUMATRAC ✓Manual Submission Required
- SPORTS TRACKER ✓Manual Submission Required
- ENDOMONDO ✓Manual Submission Required
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1: What is the reason my BiiB+ app is not tracking my run properly?
A1 : GPS signal might also get affected by the environment when there are tall buildings/mountains or roofed area blocking the signal. It happens to some Android devices' battery optimization process and could be fixed by following these simple steps:
Q2 : Can I use a third party app instead?
A2 : Yes you can. You can link up BiiB with Strava from getbiib.com/me or through the app by following these simple steps:
Q3: How do I make a manual submission?
A3: You can do it through the app or on the website after logging into your account, you can follow these simple steps:
Q4 : How to submit my result if I am using the BiiB+ app?
A4 : If you're signing in using the registered email address, all your activities tracked between the event period will be automatically synced with the team/individual progress of the challenge. Make sure you have an active internet connection to sync the activity.
Q5: How to check my progress for the event?
A5: You can check it on the event page for ranking or by the app by following these simple steps:
Q6 : Why does my GPS signal is displayed as weak on the BiiB app?
A6 : GPS signal reception may be weak if you run between high rise buildings or in areas that have lots of tall buildings, it's best to run in an open clear area.
Q7 : Can I use my mileage for another event for this challenge?
A7 : Absolutely, as long as those mileage are synced to our app
Q8 : When is the last day to submit the result? Do I need to submit the result daily?
A8: Result submission is required to be done within 24 hours of the activity and before 23:59 (GMT +8) at the end of the challenge
Q9 : Is it limited to indoor run/walk only?
A9 : No, with the latest announcement, runners are allowed to run outdoor with the social distancing SOP.
*Note: BiiB+ app can only track outdoor run due to GPS limitations.
Q10 : Is walking counted?
A10 : Of course! It does not matter whether you're fast or slow. However, step counter/pedometer tracking are not counted.
Q11 : How does the system track the team mileage and how often is the system updated?
A11 : The system is built to add up all the mileage logged by the team member right after the success sync (LIVE). The mileage display will update as soon as someone in the team has finished a run/walk with successful sync or submission. You can view it either in BiiB+ App, under event (second tab from the left) or via personal running dashboard at getBiiB.com/me.
Q12 : Who is eligible to participate in this event?
A12 : This event is open to everyone in and out of Malaysia.
Q13 : How can I receive the reward?
A13 : You'll receive it after the result confirmation via email. Participants outside of Malaysia will have to pay additional postage cost.
Q14 : When can I get the finisher rewards?
Q14: Within 2 weeks after the completed, for more information you may contact the event organiser at email@example.com
Q15: If I decide to not participate, can I get a refund?
A15 : Participation Fee is NOT refundable.
Q16 : If I registered for the event after the running period is started, can my activities before I registered be counted??
A16 : No. Only activities that are submitted or synced to our app and system after the date and time of registration is counted.
Q17 : Can I downgrade from 813km to 485km.
A17 : Runners may opt to downgrade during the event period, from 813km category to 485km by request to the organizer with a fee four weeks before the event ends.
Q18 : Why don't I receive any information from BiiB?
A18 : Please check your email or spam mail folder for our email after a successful registration. Announcements and updates will be informed through email.
For more enquiries on this event and the rewards, please contact Malatra at firstname.lastname@example.org
For technical issue with registration, and general technical issues please contact email@example.com