A trail route designed to take the runners through variety of landscape and terrains to the most iconic landmarks on the island. The high elevation gain makes this a tough race!
To complete the challenge, you MUST run outdoors with at least 60% in TRAIL with the mix of road (max 40%), NOT indoor, NOT on the treadmill and NOT fully on the road. Please note that only Finished Challenges will be displayed in the table ranking
For Penang based runners (including those who live in Seberang Jaya on the mainland), you MUST do the actual routes of the challenge. Outstation runners are welcome to use the official routes too subject to SOPs and travel restriction in your locality.
Categories and Requirement:
- Only 70 slots available
- Minimum Elevation Gain 850m
- Complete within the day (from 00:00 to 23:59) or within COT 4 hours in 1 activity for the draw
- Rewards: Medal, Event Tee
- Only 100 slots available
- Minimum Elevation Gain 1,500m
- Complete within the day (from 00:00 to 23:59) or within COT 7 hours in 1 activity for the draw
- Rewards: Medal, Event Tee
- Only 150 slots available
- Minimum Elevation Gain 2,400m
- Complete within the day (from 00:00 to 23:59) or within COT 12 hours in 1 activity for the draw
- Rewards: Medal, Event Tee, Finisher Tee
If you finish within COT in 1 activity, you get to be in the draw of 30 Buff Running Caps!
Special Rule: All results need to have extra information like trail/route map + pace + elevation profile
- 26 October 2020 (00:00)
- 15 November 2020 (23:59) - Extended to 30 November 2020 (23:59)
- 16 November 2020 (00:00)
- 30 November 2020 (23:59) - Extended to 31 December 2020 (23:59)
- DIGITAL *Please obey the Conditional Movement Control Order (CMCO/PKPP) and social distancing
Overseas reward shipping cost not included, please contact event organiser to arrange overseas shipping after registration
For overseas shipping of reward, please contact event organiser to arrange shipping cost at : [email protected]
To complete the challenge, you must complete the minimum mileage and results need to have trail/route map + pace + elevation profile required for the chosen category.
Only distance tracking activities (walk, run, hike) will be accepted, steps tracking results and other activity results will NOT be accepted.
All activities must be synced/submitted within the same day before 23:59 of the day.
- Follow the Conditional Movement Control Order (CMCO/PKPP) if you are in Malaysia
- Runners are responsible to make sure the distance ran is tracked and synced and must ensure that the results submitted are genuine and well tracked with the following mandatory information:
- Elevation Profile
- Running Route (outdoor only)
* * Steps tracking and other activity results will NOT be accepted. The measurement unit is in actual distance (KM), therefore the step tracking estimated distance is not acceptable
- The system will not take overlapping activity into consideration
- You're not allowed to make changes to any synced/submitted activity to allow result verification system to perform the result validity screening process. If the result wasn't tracked properly or showing unrealistic result, kindly delete the activity within 24 hours too.
- Participant(s) will automatically get disqualified (DQ) if one of the following is identified/occurs:
- Unrealistic/faulty results (evidence & data will be collected)
- No sharing/tag along of activities are allowed
- Failure to respond to the result enforcement officer within 24 hours to provide supporting information to justify the result such as split timing or official race result, etc.
Recommended FREE Android/iOS App With
- COROS APP ✓ Auto-sync to BiiB
- MAPMYRUN ✓ Auto-sync to BiiB
- GARMIN ✓ Auto-sync to BiiB
- NIKE RUN CLUB ✓ Manual Submission Required
- PUMATRAC ✓ Manual Submission Required
- SPORTS TRACKER ✓ Manual Submission Required
- ENDOMONDO ✓ Manual Submission Required
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1: What is the reason my BiiB+ app is not tracking my run properly?
A1 : GPS signal might also get affected by the environment when there are tall buildings/mountains or roofed area blocking the signal. It happens to some Android devices' battery optimization process and could be fixed by following these simple steps;
Q2 : Can I use a third party app instead?
A2 : Yes you can. You can link up BiiB with other third party app from getbiib.com/me or through the app by following these simple steps:
Q3: How do I make a manual submission?
A3: You can do it through the app or on the website after logging into your account, you can follow these simple steps:
Q4 : How to submit my result if I am using the BiiB+ app?
A4 : If you're signing in using the registered email address, all your activities tracked between the event period will be automatically synced with the team/individual progress of the challenge. Make sure you have an active internet connection to sync the activity.
Q5: How to check my progress for the event?
A5: You can check it on the event page for ranking or by the app by following these simple steps:
Q6 : Why does my GPS signal is displayed as weak on the BiiB app?
A6 : GPS signal reception may be weak if you run between high rise buildings or in areas that have lots of tall buildings, it's best to run in an open clear area.
Q7 : Why do I receive a notification about being too fast?
A7 : This happens when the system deems you being too fast which may be caused by weak GPS signals. After checking those activities, we will contact you if we need more clarification regarding the activity.
Q8 : When is the last day to submit the result? Do I need to submit the result daily?
A8 : Result submission is required to be done everyday by 23:59 of each day and within 24 hours of the activity and before 23:59 (GMT +8) 30 November 2020
Q9 : Is it limited to outdoor run only?
A9 : Yes, this challenge is meant to be a trail run.
*Note: BiiB+ app can only track outdoor run due to GPS limitations.
Q10 : Is walking/hiking counted?
A10 : Of course! The aim of this event is to motivate participants to stay active. It does not matter whether you're fast or slow.
Q11 : How does the system track the team mileage and how often is the system updated?
A11 : The system is built to add up all the mileage logged by the team members right after the success sync (LIVE). The mileage display will update as soon as someone in the team has finished a run/walk with a successful sync or submission. You can view it either in BiiB+ App, under event (second tab from the left) or via personal running dashboard at getBiiB.com/me.
Q12 : If I join after the event has started, will my mileage collected before the participation date count?
A12 : No, your mileage will be collected from the date and time you successfully register
Q13 : Who is eligible to participate in this event?
A13 : This event is open to everyone inside and outside of Malaysia.
Q15 : When will I receive the reward?
A15 : Rewards will be sent in between 1st December 2020 and 31st December 2020. For overseas shipping, please contact the event organiser at [email protected]
Q16 : If I decided not to run, can I get a refund?
A16 : NO, no refund is allowed under any circumstance.
Q17 : What do I do if I entered the wrong information during registration?
A17 : Please email us at [email protected] with the changes you want to make
*Note: We will use the details in your registration for communications and rewards, please make sure it is correct
Q18 : Why didn't I receive any information from BiiB?
A18 : Please check your email or spam mail folder for our email after a successful registration. Announcements and updates will be informed through email. Please ensure that your email is not full to be able to accept incoming emails.
For inquiries on the event and rewards, please contact Ng Seow Kong at [email protected]
For any inquiries, technical issues with registration, and general technical issues please contact [email protected]
We will get back to you as soon as possible within 3 working days, our business hours are: Monday to Friday, 10am to 5pm