"Welcome to the KAILAS Mount Ophir Ultra Trail (MOUT) 2023, organized by Mountain Goat Events! This thrilling trail running event is set to take place on 16th-17th September 2023, with the starting line located at the Kompleks MSN Saujana Asahan, Asahan, Melaka, Malaysia.
Our race offers three different distances to choose from: 10km, 25km, and 50km. Each course will challenge you with the stunning terrain and elevation of Mount Ophir, which is the highest mountain in Johor, Malaysia. This mountain is steeped in rich history and mythology, and is also known as Gunung Ledang. In fact, it is believed to be the home of a powerful spirit princess who is said to have made various demands of climbers over the years!
The KAILAS Mount Ophir Ultra Trail is not only a thrilling challenge, but it also offers valuable ITRA points, making it a must-attend event for any serious trail runner. Furthermore, it is participating in Malaysia Ultra League (MUL) and is a UTMB® World Series Qualifiers race, providing an opportunity for runners to qualify for one of the most prestigious trail running events in the world.
So come and join us for an unforgettable trail running experience, where you'll be challenged, inspired, and rewarded with stunning views of the beautiful Mount Ophir. We look forward to seeing you at the starting line!"
- 6 June 2023 (00:00:00)
- 31 August 2023 (23:59:59)
- 16 Sept 2023
- 17 Sept 2023
- Kompleks MSN Asahan, Melaka
|10:00am||EXPO & REPC for all race categories|
|3:00pm||VIP Speech & Race Briefing|
|4:00pm||Lucky Draw by VIP|
|5:00am||REPC for all race categories|
|12:00pm||COT for 10km|
|3:00pm||COT for 25km & 50km|
|4:00pm||Closing of Event|
- Schedule is subject to change when deemed necessary by the organizer.
- Please follow the instructions of signages and event crews at all times.
- No Race Bib No Race Rule
Race Venue (Start & Finish Line)
Kompleks MSN Asahan, Melaka
GPX files will be available around mid June 2023
* ONLY 50KM RUNNERS WILL GO UP TO MOUNT OPHIR PEAK
MOUT50 - 3200EG+
MOUT25 - 780EG+
MOUT10 - 270EG+
Race Start Time
|50km Ultraman||16th September 2023||10:00pm|
|25km Challenger||17th September 2023||06:00am|
|10km Leisure||17th September 2023||07:00am|
Cut Off Time (COT)
|Category||Cut Off Time (COT)|
|MOUT50km Ultraman||17 Hours|
|MOUT25km Challenger||9 Hours|
|MOUT10km Leisure||4 Hours|
|Mandatory Items & Penalties|
|Items||MOUT50 Ultraman||MOUT25 Challenger||MOUT10 Leisure||Penalty (Mandatory)|
|Ziplock Bag for Personal Trash||Mandatory||Mandatory||Mandatory||DQ|
|Trail Running Shoes||Mandatory||Mandatory||Mandatory||DQ|
|Basic First Aid Kit||Mandatory||Recommended||Recommended||30Mins|
|Personal Drinking Cup||Mandatory||Mandatory||Mandatory||15mins|
|Water Bottle/Bladder (500ml)||Mandatory||Mandatory||Mandatory||15mins|
|Energy Gel / Bar||Recommended||Recommended||Recommended|
|Buff / Cap||Recommended||Recommended||Recommended|
- Any runners who fail to adhere to the list below will incur a penalty, where time will be added to their finishing time based on the severity of the omission, and in some cases will give the organizer the right to penalize the said runner. Any decision made is at the organizer’s discretion and it will be final.
- The organizer has ZERO tolerance toward runners who fail Mandatory Gear checks.
Entitlements & Awards
|Entitlements||MOUT50 Ultraman||MOUT25 Challenger||MOUT10 Leisure|
|Race Timing Chip||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Refreshment and Food on the course/ Finish Line||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Personal Insurance / Public Liability Insurance||Yes||Yes||Yes|
Race Entry Pack Collection
|16th September||10:00am – 05:00pm||EXPO & REPC for all race categories|
|17th September||05:00am – 07:00am||EXPO & REPC for all race categories|
Documents Required for REPC
- Confirmation slip
Note: We encourage a paperless environment. Hence, a confirmation slip displayed through mobile/smartphone at the REPC counter will suffice.
- Participant can also produce National Registration Identity Card (Malaysian) or Passport with a confirmation slip for verification during REPC.
Rules & Regulations
- All participants must register online by providing their name, NRIC/Passport number, gender, contact number, email address, and emergency contact details.
- Upon successful registration, each participant will receive a confirmation slip via email. The confirmation slip serves as the only valid evidence of registration. All participants are required to present their respective confirmation slips and, or identity card and; or passports during Race Entry Pack Collection Day.
- The Event is open to participants who are 18 years of age and above. Age is calculated based on 16th September 2023.
- Participants must place their race bibs facing forward, prominently as high as possible on the front of their Running Tee. Do not place your race bib on the side of your hips, on your back, or tucked away in your jacket. Runners found without their race bib numbers may be penalized or disqualified. Please ensure that the race bib number is visible.
- Tampering with the race bib in any way (e.g. obscuring/removing the sponsor’s identification) will result in your disqualification. The organizer shall immediately disqualify any participants if this rule is not strictly observed.
- If you need First Aid assistance on the course, you must contact the emergency number which will be provided to you during the Race Briefing on 16th September 2023 as stipulated in the EVENT GUIDE to be shared prior to race weekend.
- You must carry your own mandatory gear at all times during the race. Random gear checks will be conducted during the race. Runners without mandatory items will not be able to proceed until they arrange for the missing items to be replaced.
- You must obey the instructions given by checkpoint officials and withdraw from the race if you miss any cut-off time at the checkpoint or on the course.
- Littering is prohibited. Kindly dispose of all litter at the nearest checkpoint.
- Do not leave any human faeces on the track. If you need to poo, use a toilet, a wag bag or get off track and “Leave No Trace”.
- You must obey any information signs and markers along the race course.
- The organizer reserves the right to discourage and/or penalize behaviour that is considered unsporting.
- The organizer reserves the right to postpone or cancel or suspend the race for any reason it deems fit to do so.
How to get there??
Kompleks MSN Asahan, Jln Kolam Air, 77100 Pekan Asahan, Malacca
- Office: +606-523 5849
- Email: [email protected]
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/saujanaoudoorteam
- Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/3QUkZNf1vn2vG9Lz8
- Waze: https://waze.com/ul/hw22vwq1gf GPS
Driving from Kuala Lumpur/Singapore
- Drive from Lebuhraya Kuala Lumpur - Seremban/E37 and Lebuhraya Utara-Selatan/E2 to Durian Tunggal.
- Follow ELITE/AH2/E6 and Lebuhraya Utara-Selatan/E2 to Lebuh AMJ/Route 19 in Alor Gajah.
- Take exit 227-Simpang Ampat from Lebuhraya Utara-Selatan/AH2/E2
- Continue on Lebuh AMJ to your destination in Asahan
Driving from Singapore
- Take E3 and Lebuhraya Utara-Selatan/AH2/E2 to Jln Muar - Tangkak/Route 23 in Kampung Tanjong Batu 15, Tangkak, Malaysia.
- Take exit 235-Tangkak from Lebuhraya Utara-Selatan/AH2/E2
- Take Jln Sialang/J21, M15 and M125 to your destination in Asahan
Organiser Name: Kailas Malaysia Sdn Bhd
- Whatsapp only: +6019-9108028
- Email: [email protected]
Terms & Conditions
You can find the general terms and conditions of the event and the rewards here: Terms and Conditions